PokemonTower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokemonTower

Hear is the pokemon Tower were you and your friends can battle one another.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Haddow Fest Pulls The First Punch of The Festival Season

Go down 
AuthorMessage
l0ve0fevil

Haddow Fest Pulls The First Punch of The Festival Season  Empty
PostSubject: Haddow Fest Pulls The First Punch of The Festival Season    Haddow Fest Pulls The First Punch of The Festival Season  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Edinburgh's 'Haddowfest' pulls the first punch of the festival season, bringing headlining acts Razorlight, The Undertones and Twisted Wheel to the city. Playing alongside these headliners are over 100 of the hottest new bands and breaking talent from around the country. Haddow Fest has something for everybody this year, so let me introduce you to my favourite acts so you don't miss any of the action...

If you want wrapped up in the beauty of acoustic musical bliss, check out The Last Battle, who specialize in the lackadaisical and tasteful acoustic choices that will heal your soul. For acoustic that has more of a bite, check out the vocally stunning and lyrically quirky Kerrie Lynch, who is playing two dates at the festival as part of her 'Little Tin in My Bag' tour.

If you're after something a bit more intense, a couple of bands that will steal your attention are White Heath and Sweep Across Horizons. White Heath will blow you away with atmosphere and energy, slightly reminiscent of The Music or The Cooper Temple Claus. Sweep Across Horizons again have that heavier edge, but combine the almost-metal music backbone with gorgeous vocals; Sweeps are a really quirky newcomer to the Haddow Fest line up.

Fresh from winning Best Live Band at this year's SAMA awards, Little Eskimos are continually brilliant under the spotlight. Also continually brilliant are my favourite live band in Edinburgh The Winter Tradition: if you only see one band over the weekend make sure The Winter Tradition is it.

Sebastian Dangerfield team their great name up with a great taste in music, and a live performance that will keep you on your toes. With visiting performers and no guarantee of that trademark banjo, I will be going to see Sebastian Dangerfield purely for the element of surprise. Another great name playing this year's Haddow Fest is Steve Heron, a time warping musician who will take you from The Jam to the Smiths via Kele Okereke with his purely awesome live set.

For the most upbeat, bouncing and guaranteed riot of a live set, please make sure to party with The OK Social Club, Beatnic Prestige and 10.04s. The 10.04s and OK Social Club will be playing a few sets throughout the weekend so the chances of catching these bands will be high: see you in the front row folks.

website design price
Windows Web Hosting
Back to top Go down

Haddow Fest Pulls The First Punch of The Festival Season
Page 1 of 1